In its second year, Black Restaurant Week will again be show-casing black-owned restaurants, farms, caterers and food trucks in dozens of US cities through a series of special price menus, fun activities and educational events. If you own a food-related business there is still time to register. If you are a bartender you might even participate in a mixology competition being held in some cities! You can also volunteer as a brand ambassador and receive some perks for helping with organization and spreading awareness. Otherwise get pictures of yourself eating a delicious meal at one of these great eateries while supporting a thriving community. Hashtags #BRW17 and #SupportBlack, #blackrestaurantweek . (Be sure to use more than one hashtag to weed out another event in January which unfortunately has a same hashtag.) Otherwise you can also use some of the hashtags listed in the schedule below.) But hey guys, no reason to eat there only one week out of the year. Black-owned eateries are serving up delicious meals year round! You can find some great links to many of these at thehungryblackman.com.
Black Restaurant Week was originally held in Memphis, Tennessee; organized by event planner Cynthia Daniels to help draw new business, provide marketing and move towards multicultural engagement for black and minority-owned restaurants. Follow Ms. Daniels on Instagram @cyndaniels09 .
This list still being updated. Google to see if #BRW17 is being held in YOUR city! If not then participate on your own by dining at any of the excellent black-owned eateries in your town and posting about it on social media!
- Atlanta, Georgia: March 6 - 12
- Baltimore, Maryland:
- Birmingham, Alabama: March 6 - 12: https://www.facebook.com/Birmingham-Black-Restaurant-Week-667874763371609/
- Chicago, Illinois (Date has already passed): Held in February 2017
- Houston, Texas: April 17 - 30 - https://houbrw.com/
- Orlando, Florida: March 6 - 12 #OBRW17
- Memphis, Tennessee: March 7 - 13 https://www.instagram.com/BRWMEM/
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin: April 17 - 23: https://www.facebook.com/blankspacemke/
- Nashville, Tennessee #NBRW17
- New Orleans, Louisiana: March 6 -12
- Richmond, Virginia: March 6 - 12 http://richmondmagazine.com/restaurants-in-richmond/food-news/richmond-black-restaurant-week-kicks-off-march-6/
- St. Louis, Missouri http://deluxmag.com/st-louis-black-restaurant-week/ STLBRW17
- Washington D.C.
Also Visit www.blackrestaurantweek.com for more information.